The scientific, technical and administrative staff of Access To Genome – ATG laboratories, consists of people with great experience and specialization in their area of expertise. The laboratory team has been formed since 2006, building stable bridges of collaboration, based on the common goal which is the provision of high quality of services in genetic diagnosis and aboratory medicine.
Mr. Ioannis Papoulidis holds a Biotechnology degree from the University of Abertay Dundee in Great Britain, an MSc degree in Applied Genetics and Biotechnology and a Clinical Laboratory Geneticist specialty title by the European Board of Medical Genetics (EBMG). His scientific and research interests focus on molecular diagnostics which is the subject of his doctoral thesis and has been trained in numerous laboratories around the world for implementing laboratory methods for the diagnosis of genetic diseases.
He has participated in several national and international conferences related to genetics as a guest speaker as well as with written and oral presentations, and has been a member of relevant committees. His scientific work has been published in numerous articles of internationally recognized scientific journals. In April 2006 has been founder and chairman of the board of the Medical Genetics company “Eurogenetica S.A.” and director of molecular genetics laboratories, cytogenetic and biochemical genetics of the same company, until December 2014. From December 2012 until December 2014 was vice president and chief executive officer of the Biochemical Genetics company “NEOLAB S.A.” Today he is Co-Owner, director of laboratories in Thessaloniki and General Manager of the Network of Medical Laboratories “ATG – Access To Genome“.
Dr. Emmanouil Manolakos hold a Biology degree from the University of Cagliari in Italy and a Specialization in Genetics Medicine from the Medical Faculty of the same University. He also hold a Ph.D. from the Medical School of Athens University of Genetics Department and a Clinical Laboratory Geneticist specialty title recognized by the European Board of Medical Genetics (EBMG). His scientific and research interests focus on cytogenetic and molecular cytogenetic diagnostics which is the subject of his doctoral thesis and has been retrained in foreign laboratories in the application of methods for the diagnosis of genetic diseases.
He has participated in numerous national and international conferences related to genetics and prenatal screening as a guest speaker and through written and oral presentations and has been a member of relevant committees. He has published more than 66 articles in internationally recognized journals and has over 632 references. From 2002 – 2005 he was in charge biologist in prenatal screening at the Maternity clinic Mitera S.A. and from 2005 – 2011 head of the cytogenetic and molecular cytogenetics Laboratory of Bioiatriki S.A. In 2008 he was a founding member of genetics laboratory of Eurogenetica S.A. in Athens until 2014. Today he is the laboratory director of Athens and legal representative of the genetic center “ATG – Access To Genome“.
- Entered to Medical School of the Kapodistriako National University of Athens in 1963
- Transcription in Medical School of the Humboldt University of Berlin in 1966
- Medical Degree from the Humboldt University and German license to practice Medicine in 1970
- Swedish license to practice Medicine in 1974
- Specialty in Pediatrics by the Stockholm Karolinska Hospital in Sweden in 1981
- Specialty in Clinical Genetics from the Kliniskt Genetiska Laboratoriet of Karolinska Hospital in Sweden in 1983
- Recognition of Medical Specialty in Pediatrics in Greece in 1985 with number 786 / 12.31.1985 of the Prefecture of Attica
- From 01.07.1988 work in the subject of Clinical Genetics at the Genetics Dpeartment of Child Health Institute
- Director of the Genetics Department of the Child Health Institute from 04.03.2013
- Six-month training in Genetics in upperclasswoman in the School of Nursing of the Red Cross for 11 years
- Training of 4 pediatricians, one general practitioner, one in the specialty of neurology and one biologist-doctor in Clinical Genetics
- Participation in continuing education courses for pediatricians and nurses at Children’s Hospital “Agia Sophia”, and sporadically in other hospitals and other specialties, such as neurologists, psychiatrists, hematologists
- Participation in Greek and international conferences, seminars, working groups
- Participation in articles in Greek and international scientific journals
- Head of clinical genetics and genetic counseling department of Eurogenetica S.A. from 03/2012 to 12/2014
- Head of clinical genetics and genetic counseling department of ATG – Access To Genome
Kehagia Nickoleta, MD
Glisti Eleni, MD
Karasavoglou Aikaterini, MD